Baarivi, Nodivi, Odhivi & Oridivi ! [Come, See, Read & Listen!] பாரிவி, நோடிவி, ஓதிவி & ஓரிடிவி

Website of Wing Commander Bellie Jayaprakash©2006-2024
The Contents of badaga.wordpress.com , badaga.co , are ©Copyright of Wing Commander Bellie Jayaprakash 2006-2024

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material in this site without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts (up to 60 words) and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Wing Commander Bellie Jayaprakash (https://badaga.co) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All photographs and sketches, until otherwise stated, are by Wing Commander Bellie Jayaprakash

© 2006-2024 Wing Commander Bellie Jayaprakash - bjaypee@gmail.com








Badaga proverbs ♣♣♣...♥♥♥









Dhoddaru Shloka


♣♣♣...♥♥♥


(Loading...)


Chosen by Wg Cdr JP

☂ ☂☂☂☂☂ ☂

Bagadas are amazing people on Earth

Dear JP,

  I am a Christain from South Tamil Nadu. And I know you do not like Christians, as I see certain messages on your site. Of course, I visit your site frequently. Let me tell you something, which may be surprising to you.

  I was born in a very orthodox Christian family. Now I am 33 years old. I was a very strong beliver of christianity. I never missed praying and reading Bible a day. I was so close to God. I thought I should die for Christ. I thought Christians were the best people in the world until I met a Badaga 1.5 years back. 

I was simply moved by that person's character, hospitality, discipline, Sincerity, affection, honesty, cleanliness, decency and boldness. I have many Hindu friends, but I was only impressed after meeting a Badaga. I suddenly thought thinking, Jesus has asked us to have the above characters and a Badaga has got all these characters, whereas I have not met a single Christian with all these characters. So what is the use of following Christianity? From that day, I never read Bible, never pray to Jesus and never go to church. 

My whole community, including my wife and parents were surprised with my change. They never knew that a Badaga was behind that. And I promise you that I and my Badaga friend never spoke about Christianity.

The change came to me from my inner soul. No one changed me. Now I feel daily that I should have born in that community. I felt that it is a curse for not being born in Badaga community.

 My ambition is to become rich and serve the badaga community. I want to join the community and be one among them. 

But the messages in your website creates a hatred among Badagas on Christians. What will people like me do?

  I want to learn Badaga language. I need a book. I heard that 2 people in Coonoor has written in Tamil. I searched entire coonnor. But in vain. Can you please help me on this regard. Thanks - AR

I was quite amazed to receive this email from AR
[I sincerely thank him for permitting to put this on our websites].
Two things strike me to be extraordinary.
AR's frankness and his 'unabashed appreciation of Badagas'.

  AR, hope  all Badagas will possess "character, hospitality, discipline, sincerity, affection, honesty, cleanliness, decency and boldness"  and live like the person you have described and bring changes in others. 'This particular individual'  makes  us all very proud.

  And here are a couple of clarifications. I wonder why you feel that I do not like Christians and that my views create hatred.I am a proud Hindu but have great respect to all other religions. Some of my best and closest friends are Christians.

  The only thing I am against is the forcible conversion of many Badagas to Christians which is threatening the very fabric of the Badaga Society [supposed to be endowed with all the great qualities you attribute to them].

  There are a couple of books to 'learn Badaga' by Dr.Haldorai and

 here are some of his  Books Published on Badaga  : 
  1. badagu oru diravida moli* (Badaga a Dravidian Language) (Tamil)
2. badagu molip palamoligal (Badaga Proverbs)  (Tamil and English meanings) 
3. Badaga –English  Self  Instructor (English) 
4. A Practical Key to the Badaga Language (English)

for the complete list of books go here

  Thanking AR once again and hope we Badagas also live up to possess  such great qualities. - Wg Cdr JP


Hi JP,
Saw the Posts.
 Christians read Bible and Pray to have these characters. But without even knowing of Jesus, your people have these characters. Really I miss you all. One day you will definetely find me serving the Badaga community.
After learning Badaga language, I will mail to you in Badaga language. That will be my next mail to you. But it will take some time. May be even 6 months. Bye till then.Thanks
AR

No comments: